Tuesday 21 October 2008

October 2008 - City in the clouds

The inspiration:

The brief:
TV news channels around the world have had difficulty coming up with suitable images to depict the current banking crisis. We've had plenty of brokers with their heads in their hands, downward-spiralling graphs, and so on.

One of the most appealing images I've seen was on BBC news this week, showing the financial district of London shrouded in fog. I thought it was a Photoshop job at first, but as it's seen from a circling helicopter I've come to think it's definitely real footage. Above are a couple of stills:

This week's challenge is to reproduce this effect, or a similar one, on your own home town or city. You'll have to source your own starting images, of course - but that should make for some variety!



Finished work: The original view (from my back garden):

My interpretation:

No comments: