Monday 23 June 2008

June 2008 - The 4.50 from Derby

The original:

The brief:
I spent a day wandering around the museums in the charming Central England town of Derby last weekend, from which I gleaned a number of potential Friday Challenge subjects that will be appearing over the next few weeks.

First up is this model train I photographed in the industrial museum, which is situated in the world's first factory. It reminded me of the old Agatha Christie story,
4.50 from Paddington, in which a woman sees what she imagines to be a murder through the window of a passing train.

So what intriguing goings-on might we catch through these windows? And can we take the train out of the museum and place it in a more convincing location?


Finished work: (click to view larger - compression kills!)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, brilliant, and very intellectual as well, just as I would expect of course!
Robin